Event Online Testing (EOT) allows candidates to take CCO written exams at authorized testing sites via computer. Benefits of EOT include:
- Greater flexibility in scheduling and rescheduling
- Immediate score reporting*
- No late application or rescheduling fees
* Preliminary results will be available immediately. All results and test administration are subject to review and approval following standard testing protocols.
What Does EOT Look Like?
Candidates take exams via a computer at an authorized test site. Exams that require supplements (e.g., load charts) or calculators have these available on-screen. In place of scratch paper, candidates may use a physical whiteboard/dry erase board up to 8.5 in. x 11 in. or an on-screen whiteboard that is built into the exam.
CCO has prepared a video demonstrating how the testing platform works:
Through the myCCO Portal, candidates have access to a demo exam at no cost. This demo exam is intended to provide a test simulation experience. Candidates have the opportunity to familiarize themselves with how to navigate through the exam and utilize the on-screen tools including:
- Answering questions
- Navigating through questions
- Using a calculator
- View and navigate supplements
- Use the whiteboard
- Record notes
- Highlight and strike through text
- Mark items for review
- Provide comments on questions or the exam
Fees for all exams as well as any related fees can be found at www.nccco.org/fees
How to Apply
- Go to my.ccocert.org and login or register for an account.
- Once logged in, submit an online application and pay for the exam(s).
- Submit your application no less than two business days prior to testing.
- Once your application has been processed, you will receive a scheduling authorization email. Exams you’ve been approved to take will show in the myCCO Portal and Mobile App as Upcoming Exams.
- Contact a Test Site Coordinator to schedule your exam appointment.
- Once scheduled, you will receive a CCO appointment confirmation
EOT exams will be available on April 4, 2023. Candidates need to work with a Test Site Coordinator to schedule their exams. Log into your myCCO Portal to see upcoming EOT administrations and contact information for the Test Site Coordinator.
Rescheduling, Cancellation, or Withdrawal
- Candidates may reschedule or cancel their exam appointment at no cost by contacting their Test Site Coordinator as long as the exam has not been started.
- Note that candidates who scheduled testing through EOT are able to cancel and reschedule through OPT if they so choose, at no additional cost.
- Candidates who decide not to take exams, or do not test within six months of application submission will forfeit their fees.